- The Alzheimer Society Peel exists to alleviate the personal and social consequences of Alzheimer's disease and related dementia; to help find the cause, prevention and cure.
- They provide a wide array of services throughout the Region of Peel - with offices in Brampton and Mississauga. They support families and individuals affected by Alzheimer's disease and related dementia.
- This not-for-profit organization has been working with the Peel Region since 1983.
- Participate in "The School's Program" by working with Alzheimer Society to help promote information about Alzheimer's disease and dementia through interactive educational presentations to Grade 4, 5, and 6 students in the Region of Peel
- You will be presenting in schools, reviewing curriculum, creating new contacts in schools within Peel Region
- Training and materials are provided
- Prior classroom experience is an asset!
- Must commit to working about 3 hours per week with Alzheimer Society presenting in schools (you can choose your own hours for this)
Registration is now closed
If you would like to inquire about this project, please email Alysha Ferguson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered participants must attend either of the mandatory training sessions (below) with the Centre for Student Engagement Centre
- Monday, October 3rd 6-8pm, Spigel Hall (Davis Building)
- Wednesday, October 5th 6-8pm, Spigel Hall (Davis Building)
- Must complete/attend a mandatory training session with Alzheimer Society
- Attain a Vulnerable Sectors Check - you MUST have this to take part in the program