Community Action Projects
Community Action Projects at the University of Toronto Mississauga connects students to long-term (4-8 months) engagement opportunities within the Peel Region.
- Participating in a Community Action Project is a great way to build your skills in intercultural communication, team work and developing a reflective practice.
- Learn about working collaboratively in communities and gain valuable hands-on experience in a field that may be of interest to you!
- Attend an information session to learn more
- Friday, September 9th 12-1pm, DV2080
- Monday, September 12th 1-2pm, IB150
- Thursday, September 15th 10-11am, DV2080
- Ensure you are available for the dates/times of the Community Action Project(s) you sign up for
- Must attend either of the mandatory training sessions (below) with the Centre for Student Engagement Centre
- Monday, October 3rd 6-8pm, Spigel Hall (Davis Building)
- Wednesday, October 5th 6-8pm, Spigel Hall (Davis Building)
- Attend team meetings (monthly)
- Participate in the experience: September 2016-April 2017
- Attend the "Thank you" celebration
- Complete an online reflection survey
- Add the experience to your Co-Curricular Record (CCR)