Community and Civic Engagement
At the University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM), community engagement activities are some of the best ways you can invest in your grown and development. Engaging with the community allows you to develop tangible skills, introduce you to new people, and creates opportunities to explore global perspective and human difference. Community based learning experiences can be a great way to enhance your connectedness with your community and contributes to personal sense of satisfaction and happiness.
Why Community Engagement?
- Be an active participant in creating knowledge
- Learn though reflection on experiences
- Develop skills you wouldn’t necessarily develop in the “traditional classroom”
- Deepen knowledge and insight of the community and social issues
Did you Know?
- Did you know that if you take part in a Community Engagement project you are a step ahead in completing the Community Stream within utmLead?
- Check out utmLead Community for more information
- Community Day Events
- Energy Exchange: Alternative Reading Week Experience
- Energy Exchange: Global Experience
- Serve & Learn
- Community Innovation Projects
- The Religious Diversity Youth Leadership Project
Other Community Engagement Experiences:
- If you want to find a service-learning experience in Toronto. Check out the offerings from the Centre for Community Partnerships.
- If you live in residence at UTM you can participate in Energy Exchange: Community Day Events focused around residence students wants/needs.
- Get involved in engagement opportunities that are both academic and non-academic within the UTM Community.