Campus Labs is a third-party vendor that provides assessment tools, technology, and training programs to help make assessment projects in Student Affairs & Services easy and achievable. Through the Office of the Vice-Provost, Students, Student Affairs & Services staff across all three campuses have access to the services provided by Campus Labs.
Through Campus Labs, You Can:
- Create on-line web-based surveys or rubrics and have instant access to the results;
- Create handheld device (iTouch)-based surveys and upload results to the Campus Labs site;
- Access sample survey tools from the Campus Labs toolkit;
- Conduct analysis using cross-tabs and filters;
- Report your results using graphs and charts; and
- Participate in webinars on assessment-related topics, at no additional charge.
How to Obtain User Access & Project Approval:
- Submit a User Request Form to request access to Campus Labs. Your request will be forwarded to the Assistant Dean, Students & International Initiatives, who will then provide you with a User ID and Password for the UTM Campus Labs site.
- To administrate a survey campus-wide or institution-wide you will need to obtain institutional approval by completing the UTM Request a Project web form; requests should be provided at least ten business days in advance of distribution date. For surveys only distributed to users of a specific service, no pre-approval is required.
- Once you have obtained institutional approval to conduct your assessment project (if necessary), login to the Campus Labs site and select the Campus Labs "Request a Project" web form, fill out the form and upload your survey file. Campus Labs staff will develop your survey and respond when the survey can be previewed.
- Launch survey and report your results. Share widely -- assessment helps us do our work better!