Financial Aid Advising
Meet with a Financial Aid Advisor
Do you have questions about OSAP, grants/bursaries, scholarships? Do you avoid budgets and need help to put your finances in order?
These and other questions should be discussed with a financial aid advisor.
Financial Aid Advisors offer appointments on a walk-in basis from Monday to Friday during regular business hours.
A staff member at the front line Express Desk will speak briefly with you to determine the type of service you need. All students will have their TCard swiped and will be placed in queue to wait for the service that they need. (However, quick services, such as picking up letters and dropping off documents, will take place at the Express Desk.)
After signing in for service, you will be directed to one of three areas:
- Enrolment Services Representative (e.g. showing proof of payment, completion of forms)
- Academic Advising (e.g. degree check, GPA status, LOP, adding/dropping courses, entry into programs)
- Financial Aid Advising (e.g. OSAP appeals/probation/restriction, financial planning, UTAPS, UTM grants)
If, during your session, it is determined you would also benefit from seeing a staff member from a different area, you will be put back in your original position in the queue to wait for that next representative, instead of having to swipe in again and wait at the bottom of that queue.
Resetting your password, retrieving your OSAP Access Number (OAN), or picking up your part-time funding certificate
A Financial Aid Advisor can help you retrieve your OSAP Access Number (OAN), reset your password, or provide you with a part-time OSAP funding certificate. You will need to bring government-issued photo identification AND your proof of Social Insurance Number (one of the following):
- SIN card (original or photocopy)
- Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment
- Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions
- Confirmation of Social Insurance Number from Service Canada
Need to cancel a walk-in appointment?
Please return to the Express Desk to cancel your appointment.
All walk-in appointments take place in the Office of the Registrar, Room 1235, Innovation Complex.