Financial Aid & Awards
News and Updates
Apply now for Summer 2014 OSAP!
Summer 2014 OSAP for full-time studies:
If you received OSAP for University of Toronto studies in the Winter 2014 term:
- Apply for Summer OSAP via the paper application form, which is currently available for pickup from the Office of the Registrar or downloadable from the Office of the Registrar website. Do NOT apply using a new OSAP web application;
- You must be registered in at least 1.5 credits if your studies will run from May to Aug (or 1.0 credit if you have a documented permanent disability); or
- You must be registered in at least 1.0 credit if your studies will only be from May to June or from July to Aug (or 0.5 credit if you have a documented permanent disability).
If you did not receive OSAP for University of Toronto studies in the Winter 2014 term:
You must apply for Summer OSAP via a new web application on the OSAP website.
- Do not use the paper application form available from the Office of the Registrar.
- You must be registered in at least 1.5 credits for studies that will run from May to Aug (or 1.0 credit if you have a documented permanent disability). You would not be eligible for OSAP funding if your studies will only be from May to June or from July to Aug.
More information regarding Summer OSAP eligibility requirements for full-time studies, required minimum course load etc. is available in the ‘OSAP course load and academic progress requirements’ section at http://www.utm.utoronto.ca/registrar/financial-aid-awards/student-loans/osap
Financing Your Education
Wondering about the costs of university and options to help pay for it? Our ‘University Fees and Financial Planning’ presentation helps you learn about the costs and financial resources associated with university studies. In the presentation, we review University of Toronto Mississauga fees, fee payment and fee deferral options. The presentation also reviews sources of financial assistance such as OSAP and the Ontario Tuition Grant, University of Toronto grants, scholarships and awards, RESPs, and other resources to help you and your family create a financial plan from first year to graduation. You can access the presentation here.
Direct Deposit option on ROSI!
Add banking info in your SWS account to authorize the University to deposit ROSI student account credit balance refund payments and/or financial aid, scholarship and award refund payments directly to your Canadian bank account.
A demo of how to do this is available on ROSI at http://www.rosi.utoronto.ca/rosi_demos.php
Fee payments and deferrals
If you've enrolled in courses, your next step is to become a registered student by paying or deferring your fees. Watch this video to learn how.
Information about fee deferrals is also available in the University of Toronto Mississauga registration guides which are available online at http://www.utm.utoronto.ca/registrar/current-students/course-enrolment
OSAP for Fall-Winter 2013-2014
More information about the application and loan distribution process for Fall-Winter 2013 – 2014 OSAP is available at http://www.utm.utoronto.ca/registrar/financial-aid-awards/student-loans/osap
Applying to OSAP for the first time?
Check out the Step-By-Step Guide for Applying to OSAP [PDF].
Ontario Tuition Grant
You could be eligible to receive 30% off your tuition this semester through an Ontario government grant. Find out more here.
UTM Undergraduate Grant Application
Students are required to submit an online application. The application is available between October and February.
The Undergraduate Grant Application for 2013-2014 will open in late October 2013.
- current, registered UTM student
- OSAP student in financial need