Book an Advising Appointment
If you would like to speak with an academic advisor, please visit the Office of the Registrar to sign-up for a walk-in appointment.
The Office of the Registrar is located in Room 1235, Innovation Complex.
It is open to the public between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday to Thursday. On Friday, it is open 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
A staff member at the front line Express Desk will speak briefly with you to determine the type of service you need. All students will have their TCard swiped and will be placed in queue to wait for the service that they need. (However, quick services, such as picking up letters and dropping off documents, will take place at the Express Desk.)
After signing in for service, you will be directed to one of three areas:
- Enrolment Services Representative (e.g. showing proof of payment, completion of forms)
- Academic Advising (e.g. degree check, GPA status, LOP, adding/dropping courses, entry into programs)
- Financial Aid Advising (e.g. OSAP appeals/probation/restriction, financial planning, UTAPS, UTM grants)
If, during your session, it is determined you would also benefit from seeing a staff member from a different area, you will be put back in your original position in the queue to wait for that next representative, instead of having to swipe in again and wait at the bottom of that queue.
Students should make an appointment with an advisor for the following situations:
- Degree Check
- Petition or Appeal
- Adding/Dropping/Withdrawing Courses
- Transfering to/from Other University
- Program Entry Requirements
- Grade/GPA Calculation
- Other Academic-Related Topics
- OSAP/Financial Aid
- Tuition Fees
Need to cancel an appointment?
Please return to the Express Desk to cancel your appointment.