Professional Experience Year
Reistration for PEY is open from September 9-19, 2016 and January 6-12, 2017. Please register through the Engineering Portal.
The Professional Experience Year (PEY) is about more than just exposure to jobs. It's about:
- Accomplishments - because 12 to 16 months of work allows you to complete large-scale projects and reach professional milestones.
- Developing lasting relationships with employers.
- Significant practical experience outside of the classroom.
What are the Benefits of PEY?
- PEY gives you an edge in the workplace: Many PEY students secure a position before they graduate from UofT. On average, new grads with PEY experience can negotiate a starting salary at their first full-time job that is 15 per cent higher than those without PEY experience.
- PEY provides career clarity: Spending 12 to 16 months in a professional work environment will give you a good opportunity to explore career paths within your placement and build valuable industry contacts.
- PEY offers a wide range of opportunities: Your PEY experience can also take you abroad, with approximately 50-60 international internships taking place each year at companies like the Agfa-Gevaert Group in Belgium, Microsemi Corporation in the United States, Orbis Investment Management Limited in Bermuda, the Nordex Group in Germany and IDOM in Spain.
- PEY opens industry doors: Approximately 70 per cent of PEY students return to finish their degree with a job offer in hand.
- PEY is a paid internship: On average, students on PEY earn a salary of $47,000 in 2015, the highest PEY salary was $104,000.
PEY Internship Program Contact Information:
- 222 College Street, Suite 106
- Telephone: 416-978-3881
- Email: email@example.com
The Professional Experience Year program is now open to
students in all programs offered by the Department of
Mathematical and Computational Sciences.