Paris & London - FAH287H5S: European Art of the Nineteenth Century
Ignite your passion for nineteenth century European art and architecture. Absorb the wealth of knowledge and be inspired by what London and Paris have to offer.
The institutions and sites you will visit house a diverse range of artwork exemplifying the different schools of thought and styles of art that FAH287H5 introduces in the classroom.
Over the course of 10 days you will travel, learn about the development of European art, and share your passion with your classmates and Professor Alison Syme.
- Appreciating works of art with significant historical value in the Tate Britain art museum;
- Examining portraits of famous British figures in the National Portrait Gallery;
- Surveying large collections of decorative art at the Victoria and Albert Museum;
- Visiting iconic landmarks such as the Louvre in Paris;
- Studying fine collections of impressionist art the Musée de l'Orangerie;
- Attending special exhibitions available at the time of the trip;
- Enjoying a variety of other artistic forms such as Ballet and Opera.
Click here for a detailed itinerary.
- Chance to appreciate some of the finest collection of art Europe has to offer;
- Learn about the development of European art by immersing yourself in the rich history that Paris and London has to offer;
- Expand your knowledge of European art by surveying a wide variety of art across multiple mediums;
- Visit sites with iconic architectural designs;
- Explore and discover two of the most vibrant cities in Europe;
- Add international travel and learning experience to your resume;
- Bond with fellow classmates and professor through your mutual love for art.
Dates: Friday, February 16th, 2018 (depart) - Sunday, February 25th, 2018 (return)
Estimated cost*: CAD$3700-3950
*Funding available for up to half the cost of the international component based on financial need. Click here to learn more.
*The cost of this trip is posted pending approval based on the University’s Policy on Ancillary Fees. Updates will be posted as needed.
Selection criteria: Students must be enrolled in FAH287H5 to participate in the international experience and will be required to abide by the application requirements and deadlines. Applicants will be selected based on their application and a follow up interview.
Applications will open at 12 pm (noon) on Monday, September 11, 2017 and close at 12 pm (noon) on Monday, October 2, 2017.
|Monday, September 11, 2017||Applications Open|
|Monday, October 2, 2017||Applications Close|
|Wednesday, October 18 - Friday, October 20, 2017||Interviews|
|Tuesday, October 24, 2017||Offers sent|
|Monday, October 30, 2017||Second Instalment Due|
|Monday, November 20, 2017||Third Instalment Due|
|Friday, December 15, 2017||Fourth Instalment Due|
|January *exact date to be determined||Orientation|
|January *exact date to be determined||Mandatory Safety Abroad Workshop|
|Wednesday, January 17, 2018||Fifth Instalment Due|
Need to know
- The cost and itinerary are subject to change;
- Students must be enrolled in FAH287H5S and will be required to abide by the corresponding UTM Abroad application requirements and deadlines to participate in the international experience;
- Payments can be made over five installments. Fees must be paid in full by the required deadlines;
- To prepare for the trip, students attending will participate in a mandatory pre-departure and safety abroad session.