Terms, Fees, Bursaries, and More
- Use your study break to take a different approach to travel and embark on a unique experience learning about a specific theme;
- Connect with staff members and your fellow travelers in ways that cannot be achieved in the classroom;
- Add an out of province travel and learning experience to your resume;
- Explore the diversity of Canada and understand what is culturally and historically significant in specific geographical regions of the country;
- Have the experience recognized on your Co-Curricular Record;
- Take your learning to a different level!
- Each opportunity can accommodate a group of 10 students;
- Every experience is supported by the participation of two UTM staff members that will support your learning and safety for the duration of the program;
- Every opportunity is created around a theme relevant to student learning and development outside of the classroom;
- During the trip you will use local modes of transportation, eat local food, and sleep in shared gender accommodations including hostels, residence halls, inns, and hotels (where applicable);
- Every experience is recognized on the Co-Curricular Record.
- Full attendance in preparation sessions (3 hours) prior to departure where you will meet the other students participating in the program and the UTM staff traveling with you! In addition, you will learn more about the regions you will travel to, discuss the theme tied to the experience, understand the safety requirements and expectations associated with the travel, and receive an outline of what you will need to do to get ready for the trip (e.g.: what to expect, what to pack, how to get your questions answered, etc.);
- Represent your community in a desirable manner prior to, during, and after the UTM Across Canada program;
- For more details please review the UTM Across Canada Terms of Participation.
- Students must be in good academic standing (minimum 1.5 CGPA) to participate in any of the experiences;
- Students must be registered at UTM for one or more of the following:
- Spring 2017
- Summer 2017
- Fall 2017
- Winter 2018
- UTM Across Canada is open to all UTM students in good academic standing regardless of program or year of study.
- The estimated costs include flights (where applicable), accommodations, local transportation, activities/events;
- Payments will be made over four instalments according to the according to the timeline outlined on the Payment Schedule;
- Fees must be paid in full by the required deadlines.
- Fees are paid in Canadian dollars.