Terms of Participation, Fees, and Refunds
Terms of Participation
- Participants must complete the required application by the specified deadline as found on the UTM Across Canada website;
- Participants must accurately complete and submit the UTM Across Canada medical form by the specified application deadline. When required, the participant must submit an additional medical form signed by a physician;
- Participants must meet all outlined payment deadlines and participate in all the required sessions/events leading up to the travel experience as well as reintegration and reflection events or activities held after the travel experience. This may include lunch and learns, training sessions, safety sessions, pre-departure orientations, etc.;
- Participants will continue to adhere to the University of Toronto policies including but not limited to the Code of Student Conduct and the Policy and Procedures: Sexual Harassment;
- Participants are responsible for making a self-assessment regarding appropriateness of participation;
- Participants must connect with the appropriate resource on campus and make any requests for accommodation within 30-days of the application deadline;
- Participants are responsible for obtaining and providing proof of their travel insurance at least 30-days prior to departure. Participants are responsible for determining the adequacy of their travel insurance and ensuring it meets their medical and experiential needs for the duration of the international experience;
- Participants are responsible for obtaining appropriate travel documentation (e.g. identification). Refunds will not be awarded for trip cancellations due to improper travel documentation;
- Participants agree to the sharing of their health and safety information with the University of Toronto staff members supporting the travel experience for use in the case of an emergency;
- Participants agree to the sharing of information between university services for matters related to their health and safety;
- Participants are responsible for obtaining any required immunizations, seeking medical advice as needed prior to departure and ensuring they have any required medication readily available to them during the travel experience;
- Participants are encouraged to purchase trip cancellation insurance;
- Information collected through this program may be shared with relevant parties internal and external to the university as required for the proper implementation of the program.
- All applicants are required to submit a $250 non-refundable first instalment payment by the application deadline to be considered for participation in any of the UTM Across Canada travel experiences;
- All fees must be paid in full by the deadlines outlined on the UTM Across Canada website. Failure to meet payment deadlines may result in the cancellation of the applicant's offer of participation in the program with no refund of fees;
- The fees posted include flights (where applicable), local transportation, accommodation, and tours/activities listed in the corresponding itinerary;
- Fees associated with meals, travel insurance, additional optional tours/activities while away, medical exams, vaccinations, and any other additional costs are not included in the program fees;
- Participants will be held liable for any fees associated with damages caused to the facilities visited or used for accommodation during the travel experience;
- In the event that a participant is unable to continue travelling with the group as per the itinerary, the participant will be held accountable for all associated costs.
Fee Payment Schedule
The fee payment schedule for all UTM Across Canada travel experiences can be found under the Payments section.
- The $250 first instalment may only be refunded under the following circumstances:
- In the event of a trip cancellation at the university's discretion based on health and safety concerns, insufficient enrolment in the program, or any other unforeseen circumstances;
- In the event that the university is not able to extend an offer of participation to the applicant;
- All remaining fees are non-refundable.
- Should the participant face unforeseen circumstances prohibiting them from participating in the program, they should submit an appeal to the International Education Centre detailing their circumstances and provide any relevant documentation. At the discretion of the university and under exceptional circumstances, fees not including the first instalment may be refunded under the following schedule:
Cancellation prior to the third instalment deadline.
Partial refund of the second instalment paid minus a 3% administration fee. The first instalment is not refundable.
Cancellation after the final instalment deadline and prior to the travel date.
Partial refund of the second and fourth instalment paid minus a 3% administration fee. The first and third instalments are not refundable.