Nova Scotia & Prince Edward Island
Spend 9 days and 8 nights exploring the Maritimes of Canada. Jump in the waters of Canada's Ocean Playground and run on the shores of PEI's famous red sand beaches. This experience will give you the opportunity to compare life in Canada's smallest province to that of Canada's biggest urban city; Toronto.
Activities are still being confirmed, but may include:
- Watching the difference in tide levels at high tide and low tide in the Bay of Fundy;
- Exploring the charm of the Shore Shore through the towns of Chester, Mahone Bay, and the UNESCO site of Lunenburg;
- Viewing Tall Ships such as the Bluenose II;
- Time to explore various historical sites, museums, and parks through both provinces in areas such as Halifax, Louisbourg, Sydney, and Charlottetown;
- Driving the Cabot Trail and spending time in the Highlands;
- Visiting fishing, artisan, and Acadian communities;
- Learning about Anne of Green Gables;
- Participating in a Canada Day celebration in Charlottetown.
*A more detailed itinerary will be available as travel details are confirmed.
Dates: June 24-July 2, 2017
Estimated Cost: $1400-$1700, plus food (we reccomend you budget an additional $400 for your own personal food costs).
Included in the Cost: Flight, ground transportation at location (van), accommodations, admission to activities, one group dinner, and administration fees.
Selection Criteria: Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis and reviewed for suitability. All students must be in good academic standing.
- The cost and intinerary are subject to change
- Students will be required to submit an application, medical form, and non-refundable $250 first-instalment payment by March 29, 2017 to be considered for this experience.
- Fees must be paid in Canadian dollars by the required deadlines.
- To prepare for the trip, students will participate in a mandatory half day orientation session.
|March 8-29, 2017||
Application period and first instalment due
|April 5, 2017||
Acceptance notices sent to participants
|April 19, 2017||
Second instalment due
|April 24 or 25, 2017||
Pre-Departure Orientation (date TBC)
|May 10, 2017||
Third instalment due
|May 31, 2017||
Fourth (final) instalment due
|June 24-July 2, 2017||
Post-Trip Reflection (date TBC)