You will likely need a visa to visit Canada
- The University of Toronto Mississauga is a Designated Learning Institution. You may need to include our Designated Learning Institution number (DLI #) on certain documents: O19332746152 (note the DLI# starts with the letter O not zero).
- Find out if you need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visitor (temporary resident) visa before you plan to come to Canada.
- Determine how to apply for an eTA or a visitor visa, where to get application forms and guides, and what documents to provide with your application.
- If you do not need a visitor visa, you will still need to meet specific requirements.
- Processing times vary depending on the Canadian visa office where you submitted your application.
- Find out what you should do after you apply for a visitor visa.
- Be prepared and know what to expect when you arrive in Canada.
- Apply to extend your stay in Canada at least 30 days before your status expires.
- Write a letter of invitation in support of a family member's visa application to visit you in Canada.
If you plan to study or work in Canada
Most visitors to Canada are not allowed to work or study in Canada without authorisation. You must apply for a work permit or a study permit before coming to Canada.
If you are visiting Canada and you want to work or study, you must apply for a study permit online or at a Visa Application Centre. Many visa offices have specific local instructions about which documents you must submit with your application and how they must be submitted (example by mail or in person). Consult the list of Visa Application Centres for the requirements and procedures you must follow when you apply.
For more information, visit: