IMI Faculty News Archive
- Management Professor Andreas Park presented at the 5th annual Rotman GRI Finance Forum: "FinTech, Blockchain Technology, and its Impact on the Financial Industry" [SLIDES]
- Management Professor Jacob Hirsh has article featured in Harvard Business Review: "Why Being a Middle Manager Is So Exhausting"
- Management Professor Sonia Kang featured in TVO article: "How behavioural science can help make police forces more diverse"
- Molecular Templates (founded by MBiotech Director Leigh Revers) announces merger with Threshold Pharmaceuticals
- Management Professor Nico Lacetera publishes study on "Economic Development and the Regulation of Morally Contentious Activities" in NBER
- Chemical & Physical Sciences Professor & UTM Interim Principal Ulli Krull talks about mental health, resiliency, and making a difference in guest vlog for Health & Counselling Centre's #UTMental campaign
- UTM EEO audits MBiotech Director Leigh Revers' CHM243 tutorial
- IMI Director Pierre Desrochers (Geography) receives the 2017 Julian L. Simon Memorial Award
- February 2017
- Chemical & Physical Sciences Professor Scott Prosser has research published in Science: 'Good Things Come in Pairs' : UTM research shows enzymatic partners drive chemical reactions
- Management Professor Andreas Park discusses Trump's plans to rollback financial regulations in the U.S. on Roundhouse Radio Vancouver
- IMI Director Pierre Desrochers speaks at the Senate (Transportation and Communications Committee)
- Chemical & Physical Sciences' and UTM Interim Principal Ulli Krull talks about his research for the inaugural View to the U UTM research podcast
- Chemical & Physical Sciences' Scott Prosser has enzymes study published in Science
- Management's Lisa Kramer publishes blog post in Psychology Today: "Will Urine be the Next Number One Crisis?"
- Management Professor Soo Min Toh publishes study in Journal of International Business Studies: Group cultural values and political skills: A situationist perspective on interpersonal citizenship behaviors
- Management Professor Lisa Kramer quoted in Maclean's: "Trump Twitter takes aim at business. What could go wrong?"
- Management Professor Yue Li honoured for highly cited research for his work "The relevance of environmental disclosures: Are such disclosures incrementally informative?" in Journal of Accounting and Public Policy
- Management Professor Alberto Galasso quoted in article about the "open ecosystem network," a new portal on management of innovation launched by Nokia: Forget about tech utopias: nations collaborate to unlock the wider benefits of innovation
- Management Professor Lisa Kramer featured in Benefits Canada's DC Investment Forum: The keys to overcoming plan members’ behavioural biases
- Management Professor Laura Derksen has op-ed featured in Huffington Post: "HIV Stigma Can Be More Dangerous Than The Disease Itself"
- Management Professor Alberto Galasso's research featured in Qmed: "Does Tort Reform Actually Stifle Medtech Innovation?"
- IMI Director Pierre Desrochers featured in St. Catharines Standard: "Niagara will soon have to decide if it wants photo radar"
- Management Professor Lisa Kramer quoted in The New York Times: "Fact vs. Feeling"
- Management Professor Alberto Galasso's research on innovation in medical devices featured in multiple publications
- Management Program Director Louis Florence donates collection of historical bonds to Li Koon Chun Finance Learning Centre
- Management Professor Nico Lacetera publishes study in the American Economic Journal: Microeconomics; also receives "chart of the week" honours from American Economic Association
- Management Professor Andreas Park critiques the TSX Alpha "speed bump" critique [Globe & Mail paywall]
- Management Professor Jacob Hirsh quoted in The Toronto Star on an article on (business) intuition and "The science behind going with your gut"
- Management Professor Sonia Kang featured as Rising Faculty Star for "Reunite@Rotman" event
- Management Professors Alberto Galasso & Gabor Virag publish article in International Journal of Industrial Organization titled “Market Outcomes and Dynamic Patent Buyouts”
- Management Professor Nico Lacetera's study on US kidney transplantation featured in VOX (CEPR Policy Portal): "Understanding moral repugnance: The case of the US market for kidney transplantation"
- Management Professor and MMI Director Alberto Galasso publishes NBER working paper "Tort Reform and Innovation"
- Management Professor Sonia Kang's study, "Whitened Résumés: Race and Self-Presentation in the Labor Market," is most read ASQ article for September 2016
- Management Professor Lisa Kramer featured in The Globe and Mail for her studies on how emotions affect financial decisions
- Professor Mihkel Tombak, Chair of Management, quoted in Global News on BlackBerry missing the boat
- Professors Laurel Besco (Geography) + Michel Serafinelli (Economics) receive SSHRC Insight Development Grants; Rahul Deb + Robert McMillan (Economics) rewarded with Insight Grants
- Shashi Kant, IMI’s Director of Master of Science in Sustainability Management at UTM, wins international life sciences award
- Management Professor Nico Lacetera's essay in National Bureau of Economic Research on "Incentives and Ethics in the Economics of Body Parts"
- Management Professor Sonia Kang publishes study in Journal of Experimental Social Psychology on how understanding intent is crucial to improving race relations
- Management Professor Nico Lacetera publishes working paper in National Bureau of Economic Research on "Efficiency-Morality Trade-Offs in Repugnant Transactions: A Choice Experiment"
- MBiotech Director Scott Prosser highlights amazing complexities of cell’s chemical gatekeepers
- UTM Institute for Management & Innovation announces interim director Pierre Desrochers
- IMI Faculty and Staff Saluted at Inaugural Awards Reception
- Professor Ulli Krull named interim VP-Principal of U of T Mississauga
- Professor Scott Prosser's study explores the membrane-receptor landscape (Nature)
- The Review of Financial Studies rewards Professor Pat Akey for early-career achievement
- Study by Professor Laurel Besco explores voluntary environmental sustainability practices amongst businesses
- Professor Nico Lacetera publishes paper on "slacktivism" and the illusion of altruism in social media
- Professor Sonia Kang publishes study on organizational diversity practices and "resume whitening"
- Professor Irene Wiecek joins the AcSB’s International Financial Reporting Standards Discussion Group
- Professor Lisa Kramer in the Wall Street Journal: Can Robo Advisers Replace Human Financial Advisers?
- Professor Nico Lacetera publishes study on incentives for prosocial activities
- UTM VP-Principal heads to India with Premier Wynne to promote IMI grad programs
January 27, 2016
- Professor Nico Lacetera publishes study on understanding attitudes towards "controversial" markets:
- Professor Nico Lacetera published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences: The incidence and role of negative citations in science
- October 26, 2015
- Professors Matthew Osborne and Minlei Ye awarded SSHRC research grants
October 20, 2015
- Professor Tanjim Hossain featured in The Chicago Tribune: Playing hide-and-seek with sales tax
September 12, 2015
- Professor Leigh Revers featured in The Globe and Mail: The price of being pain free: Why are life-changing biologics out of reach for so many?
September 14, 2015
- Professor Jacob Hirsh featured in The Globe and Mail: Extroverts have lower rates of personal savings
August 13, 2015
- Professor Nico Lacetera's work referenced in NYT article: Need a Kidney? Not Iranian? You’ll Wait.
July 31, 2015
- Professor Jacob Hirsh: Extroverted populations have lower savings rates, says new UTM research
July 23, 2015
- Professor Nico Lacetera featured in The Mississauga News: Is it more acceptable to sell your body or your body part? You may be surprised.
July 2, 2015
- Professor Lisa Kramer featured in Bloomberg: The Unseen Driver of Mutual Fund Inflows: What Time the Sun Sets
June 19, 2015
- Professor Lisa Kramer featured in MONEY: How Sunshine Affects the Bond Market
June 19, 2015
- Professor Lisa Kramer's interview on The Agenda with Steve Paikin: Lisa Kramer: Behavioural Finance 101
June 10, 2015
- Professor Nico Lacetera: New ‘body of evidence’ regarding approval of prostitution, compensation for organ donation
June 1, 2015
- Professor Lisa Kramer: The Weird Reason You Should Buy Treasury Bonds Right Now
May 20, 2015
- Professor Abraham Iqbal: U of T commerce students help homeless youth file taxes
April 29, 2015
- Professor Matthew Osborne: Business School Research - How to put an end to costly cellphone overage fees
March 17, 2015
- Molecular Templates (founded by MBiotech Professor Leigh Revers) Announces Start of Phase 1 Clinical Trial of MT-3724 in Refractory Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
March 5, 2015
- Professor Lisa Kramer: Winter months SAD for U.S. Treasury securities, study reveals
February 23, 2015