First Year Housing Guarantee
Residence is guaranteed for all new full-time students entering their first year of university in an undergraduate program for the first time, provided that they have:
- Completed the University’s common residence application (MyRes) by March 31, 2017
- Have received and accepted an offer of admission to the University of Toronto Mississauga by June 1, 2017, and;
- Meet the deadline for the UTM Housing Application (including the Occupancy Agreement and deposit) by June 2, 2017.
Students must complete UTM's supplementary residence application, respond to all deadlines, and meet all deposit requirements in order to maintain eligibility.
Undergraduate International Guarantee
New international fee-paying, permit-holding undergraduate students admitted to the University of Toronto Mississauga, who receive a University of Toronto Housing Guarantee for their first year of study, also will receive an exclusive four-year International Student Housing Guarantee*.
*The minimum returning eligibility requirements for the International Student Housing Guarantee:
- Complete a minimum of 3.0 credits in the previous academic year at the University of Toronto Mississauga;
- Achieve a minimum 1.5 cumulative grade-point average (GPA) in the previous academic year;
- Maintain continuous residency on-campus for each of the four years of the guarantee, with the exception of summer terms;
- Maintain full-time student status for the duration of their on-campus residency;
- Maintain international permit-holding student status for the duration of their on-campus residency;
- Abide by the policies, procedures, payment deadlines and community standards as outlined in the UTM Student Housing & Residence Life Undergraduate Occupancy Agreement, and have no more than 4 discipline points from previous years on residence;
- Abide all application deadlines and procedures.
For additional guidance and support, before you arrive in Canada and/or during your stay at the University of Toronto Mississauga, please contact the UTM International Centre. For more information about the UTM International Centre, please visit http://www.utm.utoronto.ca/international.
Exchange Student Housing Guarantee
Student Housing & Residence Life offers guaranteed residence for students applying for a year-long or summer exchange and a limited number of priority spaces available for one semester exchanges.
The minimum eligibility requirements for the University of Toronto Mississauga Exchange Student housing guarantee:
- you must have been accepted as an exchange student at the UTM campus;
- you must be on exchange for the entire academic year (September to April);
- you must submit your application and housing deposit before the specified undergraduate or graduate housing deadlines;
- you must accept the terms and conditions of the Undergraduate Housing Occupancy Agreement and/or the Graduate Housing Lease/Contract Agreement;
- you must accept the predetermined time period for housing offered on the housing application and/or housing agreements; and
- you must maintain eligible student status for the duration of the on-campus residency period.
Exchange students will be placed in either First Year or Upper Year residence spaces, depending on date of application and availability of upper year spaces after Upper Year room assignments are completed in July. Should no Upper Year spaces remain for exchange students, they will be accommodated in First Year housing. All housing fees will be dictated by classification and room assignment.
For additional guidance and support, before you arrive in Canada, please contact with the UTM International Centre. For more information about the UTM International Centre, please visit http://www.utm.utoronto.ca/international.