Accessible Needs in Residence
Student Housing & Residence Life strives to offer an equitable and inclusive community, both in principle and in practice. We recognize that, unfortunately, the social and physical world was not built with every person's interests, rights, and abilities in mind. In recognizing this inequity, and the difficulties that it creates for many people, we have ventured to create a barrier-free community. Examples of this effort include:
- Braille Signage;
- Elevators in both the First Year and Upper Year communities;
- Wheelchair accessible units in both the First Year and Upper Year communities;
- Free scooter parking and charge stations;
- Automated door openers;
- Large print communication materials, if requested;
- Partnering with the Meal Plan Office to accommodate persons with dietary restrictions;
- Height adjustable desks and beds.
In order for us to continue to operate in an equitable and inclusive manner, we need your input. Please identify any accessibility needs that you may have. You can do so by filling out an Accessibility Needs in Residence Form, available from the link below.
This form will help us understand your specific needs, in the interest of providing you appropriate accommodations. Please describe your needs in detail, so that we may offer you the best possible experience here at UTM. We look forward to having you!
To learn more about accessibility services on campus, please visit the AccessAbility Resource Centre at http://www.utm.utoronto.ca/access