Adding, Transferring, and Carrying Over Funds 2017-18
Adding Student Meal Plan Funds
If you are running low on funds in your Basic or Flex Account, you can add money throughout the year to ensure that you can keep on using your Student Meal Plan. There is no service fee for adding funds to either account.
To Add Money to your Basic or Flex Account...
- Visit the Hospitality & Retail Services Office during operating hours - you can add funds by using cash, debit, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express
- Login into your Online Meal Plan Management System - you can use Visa, VisaDebit, or MasterCard
- Friends and family can also add funds to your Basic and Flex Accounts by making a Guest Deposit on the Online Meal Plan Management System
Please note: There are no automated Student Meal Plan fund deposit machines on campus. Any fund deposit machines on campus are for deposits that do not relate to your Student Meal Plan.
Transferring Student Meal Plan Funds Between Accounts
If you are running low on funds in your Basic Account, but you have funds remaining in your Flex Account, you can transfer some or all of your Flex Account funds to your Basic Account
- Visit the Hospitality & Retail Services Office during operating hours
- Due to the tax exempt nature of your Basic Account, Basic Dollars cannot be transferred to your Flex Account
- Any other Funds (e.g. RezCarryover, Gift Dollars, etc.) cannot be transferred to your Basic or Flex Accounts
Carrying Over Student Meal Plan Funds to the Following Year
Each Student Meal Plan has some Carry Over eligibility for your remaining funds at the end of the school year.
Carry Over of your Basic Funds
Basic funds over the Minimum Commitment of $1,950 are eligible for Carry Over into the following year. The breakdown of Carry Over for each Student Meal Plan is as follows:
CARRY OVER AMOUNT
|Small B||Not eligible for Basic Carry Over|
Carry Over of your Flex Funds
All remaining Flex Funds in any of the Group A and Group B Student Meal Plans are eligible for Carry Over to the following year.
All carried over funds will be moved into an account called RezCarryOver - this account will appear on your TCard two weeks after the end of the school year.
You do not have to live in Residence the following year to qualify for RezCarryOver - as long as you are still a UTM student, your RezCarryOver funds will be available to you. If you do decide to live in Residence the following year, then you will notice that your RezCarryOver Account will be separate from your new Student Meal Plan Basic and Flex Accounts.
- are not tax exempt
- can be used at all of the same on-campus and off-campus places as your Student Meal Plan
- can be accessed at the beginning of the summer session until April 30th of the following Academic year