Green Ribbon Campaign
ReTHINK Mental Illness!
While society’s attitude towards mental illness is improving, many people with mental illnesses are still stigmatized due to a lack of knowledge and understanding.
You can help reduce that stigma by wearing a green ribbon to signify that you challenge oppressive beliefs surrounding mental health illnesses. Show your support and help raise awareness by:
- Wearing the Green Ribbon on your jacket or backpack
- Reading up on mental health issues on the Health & Counselling Centre website
- Becoming familiar with the mental health resources for students available on- and off-campus
- Sharing the information you’ve learned with friends and family
- Picking up a few extra ribbons from the Health & Counselling Centre to share with people in your life
- Being aware of the language you use. Words like “crazy”, “nuts”, and “insane” only help to perpetuate the stigma surrounding mental illnesses.