Healthy Campus Crew volunteers are ambassadors for the UTM Health & Counselling Centre. They help promote services, programs and campaigns, and help in delivering the many health education and health promotion initiatives organized by the Centre. These initiatives occur throughout the year and include:
- Welcome Week
- Seasonal Flu Clinics
- Exam Jams
- Volunteer Fairs
- MoveU "Ice" Rink
- Open House Events
- Health & Wellness Fairs
- 5 Ways To Wellbeing campaign (#5W2W)
There is no minimum volunteer commitment.
Volunteers can choose to volunteer as often or as little as their schedule permits.
Becoming an HCC volunteer provides students with an opportunity to:
- learn more about a variety of campus initiatives
- meet new people
- volunteer according to their own schedule
- volunteer for events/campaigns that are of personal interest
- create a healthier campus
- contribute to personal feelings of happiness and life satisfaction (this is true for any type of volunteering!)
- participate in personal and professional development
- develop communication, interpersonal and time-management skills
: Students who attend a full volunteer orientation, volunteer a minimum of hours (15, 30 or 45), and complete a written reflection of their volunteer experience will be eligible to have the Healthy Campus Crew listed on their Co-Curricular Record
Training: HCC volunteers are required to complete a 4 hour Volunteer Orientation prior to volunteering for any HCC events. After completing this orientation volunteers will be added to a blackboard community and notified about upcoming volunteer opportunities.
Additional information sessions may be required prior to volunteering for specific events (e.g., influenza vaccination information session prior to flu clinics). All training/information sessions count towards a student’s total of volunteer hours.
Interested in Joining?