The UTM Green Team is a group of students who are interested in helping out with environmental initiatives on the UTM campus. Both work-study (paid) and volunteer positions are available.
Summer Work-study jobs are now posted!
Are you taking at least a 40% course load continuously from May - August? Want to work on-campus while helping the environment? Apply for a summer work-study job with the Environmental Affairs Office!
Summer Sustainability Assistant
Number of vacancies: 2
Hours per week: 12 hours per week, 90 hours total
The Summer Sustainability Assistant will work with the Environmental Affairs Office to continue to deliver environment programming to the UTM community over the summer months. These programs include the printer cartridge and electronic waste recycling programs, battery collection, and naturalization activities. Work may include other environment-related work as required.
- Monitoring and emptying of printer cartridge and battery collection bins as needed
- Monitoring and maintenance of naturalized areas on campus under the supervision of the Grounds Department
- Planning, promoting, and running electronic waste collection event for faculty & staff
- Maintain Green Team presence on campus and online, including via social media (Facebook & Twitter)
- Assist in running Environmental Affairs Office programs as needed (e.g. Green Courses)
- Research environmental programs at other universities & identify those that are transferable to UTM
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be physically fit and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision
- Knowledge of UTM environmental projects an asset
- Experience in environmental field an asset
- Native plant identification skills an asset
To apply, please email your resume and a unique cover letter that details your skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BikeShare Volunteer positions available!
BikeShare is looking for volunteers!
Want to gain experience in customer service and office management? Want to encourage biking on campus (and have a good time while you're at it)? APPLY NOW TO BE A BIKESHARE VOLUNTEER! Application forms can be found here: http://www.utm.utoronto.ca/bikeshare/workhiring.html
Volunteer positions are always available!