The UTM Green Team is a group of students who are interested in helping out with environmental initiatives on the UTM campus. Both work-study (paid) and volunteer positions are available.
The Green Team is currently looking for Summer Sustinability Assistants for the summer months!
This position is part of the work-study program.
The Summer Sustainability Assistant will work with the Environmental Affairs Office to continue to deliver environment programming to the UTM community over the summer months. These programs include the printer cartridge and electronic waste recycling programs, battery collection, naturalization activities, and the Urban Agriculture Garden. Work may include other environment-related work as required.
• Monitoring and emptying of printer cartridge and battery collection bins as needed
• Monitoring and maintenance of naturalized areas on campus
• Planning, promoting, and running electronic waste collection event for faculty & staff
• Maintain Green Team presence on campus and online, including via social media (Facebook & Twitter)
• Maintain campus Urban Agriculture Garden and arrange for harvesting and donation of produce
• Liaise with UTM Urban Agriculture Society for duties related to Urban Agriculture Garden
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be physically fit and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Must be able to work independently without direct supervision
• Knowledge of organic gardening practices an asset
• Knowledge of UTM environmental projects an asset
• Experience in environmental field an asset
To apply, email your resume and a unique cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.