Do you want to assist in UTM’s sustainability efforts? Do you want to help out the environment? Are you looking for volunteer hours and to be recognized on the Co-Curricular Record?
If you answered yes, then apply to become a Green Ambassador with the UTM Environmental Affairs Office!
Green Ambassadors are a group of volunteers that work with the Environmental Affairs Office to increase eco-friendliness of the campus. Ambassadors answer questions that others have about environmental programs & services at UTM, model sustainable behaviour, and plan sustainability-themed events.
What do we want Green Ambassadors to do?
- Attend an hour-long meeting once a week (meeting times are determined by Ambassadors' availability)
- Hold at least one event per term, in collaboration with the other ambassadors
- Collaborate with other groups on campus that are working for a healthier environment
- “Be the Change” by living in the most environmentally-friendly manner possible, both on and off campus. Ambassadors will be asked to sign a sustainability pledge.
What do Green Ambassadors get out of the program?
- An entry on your co-curricular record
- Development of skills that employers are looking for
- Meet like-minded students
- The knowledge that you are helping the environment at UTM!
Fill in the form below to sign up to be a Green Ambassador!