Carpool & Rideshare Programme
The UTM Carpool & Rideshare Programme allows students, faculty, or staff to form a formal carpool through the purchase of a carpool parking permit, or an informal rideshare. The program uses the "carpool zone", an on-line database that enables individuals to set their own flexibility parameters and search for others interested in sharing the cost of commuting to campus.
Benefits of enrolling in a formal carpool include:
- Premium, preferential parking spaces reserved for use by multi-occupant vehicles displaying a valid carpool permit. These spaces will be issued out on a first come, first serve basis.
- Four (4) complimentary one-day parking passes per semester (Fall, Winter & Summer - 12 in total) for each member of the carpool for days when individuals need to park,
- A lower cost, depending on whether the carpool pass has been divided by two, three, or more carpoolers
- Access to the Emergency Ride Home program through Smart Commute Mississauga, a service for those who must unexpectedly leave campus during the day,
- Carpool members only have the option of purchasing an additional maximum of 2 books of 10 vouchers per year at a discount of 50% of the regular price of a daily permit.
As of 2011, seventy-six (76) parking spaces have been reserved in preferential locations for Carpool use. The payback on each Carpool permit purchased is the 'saving' of demand for at least one additional parking space.
More detailed information about the carpool program, visit the the Parking Office website.