Executive Committee 2010-2011
Chair of Council (shall act as Chair of Committee)
Professor Anthony Wensley
Vice-President and Principal
Professor Hargurdeep (Deep) Saini
Chief Administrative Officer
Chair of the Academic Affairs Committee
Professor Nick Woolridge
Chair of the Resource Planning and Priorities Committee
Professor Lee Bailey
Undergraduate Student representative
Graduate Student representative
UTM Alumni Association/Associates of UTM representative
Terms of Reference (from the UTM By-Laws)
The Executive Committee shall: set the agenda for all regular meetings of the Council; receive and review reports of the Standing Committees for transmission to the Council; refer matters to Standing Committees or special subcommittees; review and confirm, on behalf of the Council, resolutions approved by the Academic Affairs Committee; and exercise such of the powers of the Council as the Council may delegate. At times when the Council is not in session, the Committee shall act in an advisory capacity to the Vice-President and Principal when the urgency of matters so demands.
The Committee shall meet as required to fulfill its terms of reference. Its activities shall be reported to the Council at the first opportunity. The Chair and Secretary of Council will set the agenda of Executive Committee meetings. A special meeting of the full membership of the Executive may be called at the discretion of the Chair.
- 1 Chair of Council
- 1 Vice-President and Principal or his/her designate
- 1 Chief Administrative Officer
- 1 Chair of the Academic Affairs Committee
- 1 Chair of the Resource Planning and Priorities Committee
- 1 appointee from the Erindale College Student Union who is a member of the Council
- 1 appointee from the University of Toronto Mississauga Association of Graduate Students who is a member of the Council
- 1 appointee from either the UTM Alumni Association or the Associates of the University of Toronto Mississauga, who is a member of the Council
The Chair of the Council shall be the Chair of the Executive Committee.
The Secretary of the Council shall act as the Secretary for the Executive Committee.
The Executive Committee shall have the power to appoint special subcommittees but not to appoint any standing subcommittees.