Welcome to the Equity & Diversity Office at UTM
The University of Toronto Mississauga Equity & Diversity Office (EDO) provides programs and services to faculty, staff and students at UTM. In cooperation with its campus partners, the EDO promotes an equitable and inclusive campus community, free from discrimination or harassment based on age, disability, race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, and / or record of offences. The Office provides:
- Advice and assistance with programs relevant to inclusion, cultural diversity and religious accommodation;
- Public education workshops and professional development seminars to build community awareness and inter-cultural competencies;
- Events, programs and forums which highlight issues important to the campus community;
- Responding to concerns, resolving conflict and managing complaints of discrimination and harassment; and,
- Consultation and advice on policy matters.
Equity & Diversity Office
Room 3205B, William Davis Building
University of Toronto Mississauga
3359 Mississauga Road
Mississauga, ON L5L1C6
Acknowledgment of Traditional Land
We wish to acknowledge this land on which the University of Toronto operates. For thousands of years it has been the traditional land of the Huron-Wendat, the Seneca and, most recently, the Mississaugas of the Credit River. Today, this meeting place is still the home to many Indigenous people from across Turtle Island and we are grateful to have the opportunity to work on this land.