Work Study Program
- Provides eligible University of Toronto students with an opportunity to work on campus and gain valuable experience
2013-14 Fall-Winter Work Study Program
- Students do NOT have to be OSAP eligible
- Positions are open to all full-time undergraduate and graduate students (i.e., domestic and international students), as well as students studying on a part-time basis and registered in at least 2.0 credits continuously from September 2013 to April 2014 (at least 40% for graduate students).
- Students registered in Toronto School of Theology programs are NOT eligible for Work Study positions.
- No course load averaging is permitted.
Students are only permitted to accept one Work Study position per program period.
- Hiring Deadline: Either Monday, September 30, 2013 OR when the Work Study budget has been committed.
- Work Study Program will run from early September 2013 to February 28, 2014.
Hours/Rate of Pay
- Work Study employees will be paid monthly.
- Pay Rate: $10.25 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
- Maximum Weekly Hours: 12 hours per week
- Maximum Total Hours: 180
Applying and Being Hired
Starting early September 2013, students can review and apply for Work Study positions through Career Centre Online. If you are hired into a Work Study position, you will be required to complete the Work Study Hiring Form (PDF). This form will be available in early September.
NOTE: If you are hired, confirmation will be sent to your ROSI mailing address.
- Set up your payroll information at the Payroll Office at the department that hired you. You must do this immediately. Exception: If you have been hired by a federated college, please contact Enrolment Services.
- Your payroll information will be sent to your employer’s departmental payroll officer.
- You will be paid monthly, unless you already have a union position within the University. Please observe the Payroll Schedule to ensure that you are paid each month.
- Timesheets can be downloaded from the Enrolment Services or Administrative Management Systems website.
2014 Summer Work Study Program
- Stay tuned for details in Spring 2014.
Are all the jobs on campus part of the Work Study Program?
NO. Many departments hire students outside of the program. For more information please visit the On-Campus Opportunities - Listings section of this site.