Work Study Program
- Provides eligible University of Toronto students with an opportunity to work on campus and gain valuable experience
Payroll Deadlines (Fall Term) PDF
Bi-Weekly Timesheet PDF
2014 Program Summary:
- The 2014 Summer Work Study Program will run from May 5, 2014 until August 8, 2014
- Students do NOT have to be OSAP eligible
- Students can start applying as of May 5, 2014 for the Summer Program. The hiring deadline is May 30, 2014.
To be eligible, a student must:
- Be registered in an undergraduate or graduate program (includes Ontario residents, students from other Canadian provinces/territories, international students, and students studying on a part-time basis taking at least 40% of a full course load (1.0 credit continuously from May to August)
- Be taking at least 40% of a full course load for the entire summer period of study - no course load averaging is permitted
- * Students registered in Toronto School of Theology programs are NOT eligible to participate in this program.
Note: Students are only permitted to accept one Work Study position per academic year.
Stay tuned for more details!
2014-15 Work Study Program
Fall-Winter Work-Study Program Eligibility
- An Undergraduate student, you must be taking at least 2.0 credits (40% of a full course load) continuously from September to April. That means one 1.0 F course between September-December and one 1.0 course between January-April; or 1 Y course from September-April;
- A Graduate student, you must be registered in at least 40% of a full course load from September-April. If your ROSI registration indicates a “PT” status, you need to ask your department to confirm the percentage.
- If you are registered in Toronto School of Theology programs you are not eligible for work study positions.
- Students do not need to be OSAP eligible to apply for Work Study.
2014-2015 Fall-Winter Work-Study Dates
Application Period: Beginning Monday July 28, 2014 with the majority being released August 18, 2014 until September 30, 2014
Hiring period: Monday, August 11, 2014 to September 30, 2014
Work Period: Monday, August 11, 2014 to Friday, February 27, 2015
Hours and Rate of Pay
Work Study employees are paid bi-weekly at a pay rate of $11.00 per hour equal to the minimum wage plus 4% vacation pay. The maximum hours of work are 12 hours per week.
Work Study students are paid bi-weekly except for those who have been previously set up with a monthly payroll schedule. Students and employers must complete and sign the timesheets before submitting the forms to the payroll officer.
Students are permitted to accept one Work Study position per program year.
Are all the jobs on campus part of the Work Study Program?
NO. Many departments hire students outside of the program. For more information please visit the On-Campus Opportunities - Listings section of this site.