Work-Study Information for Students

U of T's Work-Study Program provides students with the opportunity to develop their knowledge, skills and experience through paid work on campus. Work-Study positions are for full-time or part-time graduate and undergraduate students (domestic or international). Positions are available in the Fall/Winter Term (September-February) and the Spring/Summer Term (May-August). All positions are CCR Eligible. Hard copies of previous Work-Study jobs are available for students to view at the UTM Career Centre.

2017 Summer Work-Study Dates

Job posting visibility: Students can view and apply to jobs between April 17 - May 19, 2017*

*Note: All postings will automatically expire from CLN on May 19, 2017.

Hiring period: May 8, 2017 - May 31, 2017

Program period: sudents can work between May 8, 2017 - August 14, 2017

2017-2018 Fall/Winter Work-Study Dates

Important dates to remember:

  • Job Submission Period: June 5, 2017 – June 30, 2017
  • Job Verification Period: July 6, 2017 – August 3, 2017
  • Job Posting Approval Email sent to Faculty/Staff: August 7, 2017
  • Student Job Visibility: August 8, 2017 – September 22, 2017
  • Hiring Period: August 28, 2017 – September 29, 2017
  • Hiring Form Due: October 6, 2017

Work Study Program Periods:
St. George Campus: September 7, 2017 – February 23, 2018  
UTM & UTSC Campuses: September 5, 2017 – February 23, 2018

Salary and Payment Information

The minimum rate of pay is currently $11.40 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay.

The University will cover 70 per cent of this cost ($9.13/hour) while the hiring department is responsible for the remaining 30 percent ($3.91/hour). Please ensure you have this funding in place prior to submitting a job.

  • ***There may be pending changes based on new proposed minimum wage requirements released by the Government of Ontario on May 30, 2017***

Student Eligibility

  • Students must be registered in a 40% course load continuously from September to April (or for the summer program 1 credit continuously from May to August)

Notes:

  • Students are permitted to accept ONE Work-Study position per program period
  • Students registered in the Toronto School of Theology are not eligible for Work-Study positions
  • Non-degree students are not eligible for Work-Study positions
  • Students do not have to be OSAP eligible to apply for Work-Study positions

How to Apply

To view and apply for Work-Study job postings, log into CLN and click on Work-Study under the Jobs tab.
 

 

Are a Faculty or Staff member? Check out the Work-Study Information for Faculty & Staff page for all your questions and contacts.