- Michael Kaler published ‘Making Magic With Music', Chapter 25 in Jeffrey J. Kripal, ed. Religion: Super Religion. Part of the Macmillan Interdisciplinary Handbooks: Religion series. Farmington Hills, MI: Macmillan Reference USA, 2017.
- Tyler published a “Review” of Archie Dick's The Hidden History of South Africa's Book and Reading Culture in the "Letters in Canada" issue of the University of Toronto Quarterly (Summer 2015).
- Michael deBraga, Cleo Boyd, and Shahad Abdulnour published Using the Principles of SoTL to Redesign an Advanced Evolutionary Biology Course in Teaching & Learning Inquiry: The ISSOTL Journal.
- Michael Kaler's article Music and the Divine: Acid Tests and their Role in the Grateful Dead's Foundation Story was published in the Studies in Religion 2015, Vol. 44(1) 3–15.
- Tyler Evans-Tokaryk's article "Academic Integrity, Remix Culture, Globalization: A Canadian Case Study of Student and Faculty Perceptions of Plagiarism." has been published by Across the Disciplines.
- Mairi Cowan led a group of UTM faculty, librarians, and students, including the RGASC's Tyler Evans-Tokaryk, to compile a research report entitled "Engaging Students to Think Critically in a Large History Class" for the Higher Education Quality Council of Ontario (HEQCO).
Tom Klubi and Laura Ferlito will be presenting the session "The Promoting Academic Skills for Success (P.A.S.S.) Retention Program: Design, Usage and Future Directions" at the ARUCC conference in Vancouver, June 19-22, 2016
Tyler will be presenting “Academic Writing Instruction and the Discourse of English as an International Language (EIL): A Comparative Study of Canadian and South African Writing Centres” at the International Writing Across the Curriculum (IWAC) conference in June 2016.
Michael Kaler and Tyler will be presenting “‘How’re we doing?’: Assessing the effectiveness of course-specific writing development projects.” at the Canadian Writing Centres Association (CWCA) conference in May 2016.
Tyler will be presenting “Social Justice & Writing Instruction in South Africa and Canada: A Case Study in Knowledge Transfer” at the Canadian Association for the Study of Discourse and Writing (CASDW) conference in May 2016.
Tyler Evans-Tokaryk will be Co-Chairing the “Roundtable on Pedagogy in the English Literature Classroom.” 2016 Association of Canadian College and University Teachers of English (ACCUTE). Calgary, Alberta. May 28, 2016.
On May 10th and 11th 2016, the Taylor Institute for Teaching and Learning at the University of Calgary hosted an academic conference on Postsecondary Learning and Teaching. This year’s theme was Exploring Creativity and over 200 participants attended. On May 11th, I gave a workshop presentation titled ‘Using active learning activities to enhance student engagement in a business English program’. This session, which was offered in one of the Taylor Institute’s new Active Learning Classrooms, offered participants the opportunity to participate in one of the game-based activities we used this year in the Department of Management’s Professional Skills Development Program.
- Tyler presented a paper as part of the “Responsible Action: International Higher Education Writing Research Exchange” panel at the 2016 Conference on College Composition and Communication Convention (CCCC). Houston, Texas . April 6, 2016.
- Tyler will presented a paper as part of the “Research as Social Action: Situating Critical Discourse Analysis within Rhetoric and Composition Studies” panel at the 2016 Conference on College Composition and Communication Convention (CCCC). Houston, Texas. April 7, 2016
- Tyler presented “Establishing a Benchmark for Effective Intervention: First-Year Engineering Students’ Writing and Their Perceptions Thereof” at the 2015 Conference of the South African Society for Engineering Education (SASEE). Durban, South Africa. June 5, 2015.
- Michael Kaler and Tyler Evans-Tokaryk presented "The Fine Art of Curriculum Transformation, One WAC Course at a Time" at the ICWA Conference in Pittsburgh, PA, October 8-10, 2015.
- Andrew Petersen presented the Programming Course Resource System (C) and Relational Algebra Parsing Tools (RAPT) at ITICSE in Vilnius, Lithuania, July 6-8, 2015.