Be a volunteer Outreach & Support Assistant
Join the AccessAbility Volunteer Outreach Team!
Outreach team members play an important role by reaching out to the University of Toronto Mississauga community and building awareness about the Centre’s note-taking program and other services. Volunteers will assist AccessAbility in the following areas:
- Resource Fairs: Volunteers will lead display booths by providing information to the UTM community regarding AccessAbility services and programs.
- In-Class Announcements: Volunteers will make short in-class announcements to help recruit note-takers. Volunteers will discuss the responsibilities and the benefits of being a note-taker. Job shadowing training sessions will be provided.
- Personal Support Assistance: Volunteers will have the opportunity to work one-on-one assisting students with disabilities in their activities on campus. These may include providing in-class support and assisting students with mobility on campus.
Length of Commitment:
September 2016 to April 2017
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Gain valuable leadership experience
- Build your resume
- Contribute to the UTM community
- Receive a certificate of recognition & letter of reference
To apply, please complete the form below. AccessAbility staff will follow up with you after we receive your application. For any inquiries, please contact us at 905-828-5422 or email@example.com