Economics Internship ECO400Y
- Are you registered in an Economics Program?
- Will you have 15.0 full course equivalents by the fall of 2013?
- Is your CGPA for you most recent 10.0 credits 3.0 or higher?
- Will you be graduating in June or November 2014?
- Are you looking to apply your economics knowledge to the "real" world?
If you answered yes to these questions then this internship course is a valuable opportunity for you to apply the economics expertise and knowledge you have gained through coursework through a part-time unpaid work commitment, and gain 1.0 academic credit at the same time.. A written report and presentation will also be required - see full course requirements. Currently only non-Commerce students registered in an Economics Program 4th year standing and with a high CGPA.
Invitations to apply are invited from eligible applicants from December 2012. Application packages are available online, or from Sarah Lee in the Kaneff Centre, Room 262. Due date for all completed applications to be announced. It is advisable to consult and book an appointment with the Career Centre for advice regarding résumé writing prior to application.
Benefits to Students
45% of employers offer higher salaries to incoming hires with internship experience than they offer to those without such experience - NACE 2005 Experiential Education Report
- Learning in your chosen field from the inside
- Valuable experience to add to your résumé
- Contacts, contacts, contacts! Allows you to meet new people and practice your networking skills
- Enable you to work alongside a professional in your chosen career field
- Allows you to apply some of the theory and ideas you have learned in university
- Provides a bridge between university and the professional world
- Full year course credit
- Job search, résumé writing, oral and written communication, and presentation skills development
- Application of your knowledge to the 'real' world
- Opens the door to a job offer or a recommendation about the next steps you should take on your career path
For further information contact:
|Course Director||Internship Coordinator||UTM Experiential Education Coordinator|
|Room K114C||Room K262||Room DV 3201D|
|(905) 828 5378||(905) 828 3901||(905) 828 5295|