Economics Internship ECO400Y
Harness the knowledge and enthusiasm of our 4th year undergraduate students by providing supervision for projects or work experience.
As an example some of the areas of expertise which our 4th year economics undergraduate students have can include:
- Financial Economics
- Urban Economics
- International Monetary Economics
- Public Policy and Public Adminsitration
- Financial Risk Management
- Economics of Education
- Analytical Skills
In return for this unpaid expertise you will only need to provide space and supervision to the student for 1 full day or 2 half-days a week, by mutual agreement, and complete a very brief assessment form at the end of the placement. We would also be very pleased if you could take the time to attend the student year-end presentations held in April, which is a enjoyable conclusion to the experience. More detailed information can be found in our overview.
If you are interested in becoming an intern supervisor by offering a placement to one of our specialist students, please contact the Kathleen Wong or Sarah Lee in the Department of Economics or the UTM Internship and Experiential Learning Office for further information.
Benefits to Employers
- Motivated student interns with specialized knowledge in their field providing skills to complete a special project
- Provide the opportunity for a Company's permanent staff to gain supervisory experience
- 200 hours of high quality, unpaid, university-sponsored student work
- Head start on recruitment
- Connection to the University of Toronto for possible research, teaching and recruitment
- Contribution to community and public service
- Increase name recognition of a hiring organization on campus
- Student insured through U of T liability coverage and for WSIB coverage by the government of Ontario